The Cox Christen Eagle was very easy to put together two nights ago with the engine and most of the control hardware already mounted. The only thing I really had to do was to install the 3 servos. I’ve read on a post that it’s suggested to put 2 servors in for the ailerons for better performance (and flaperon or spoileron capability too), but this was after I had everything put together. One thing that confused me for a while was the screw to insert into the top wing to connect to the cabane strut. The hole on top of the wing was covered with a decal so I didn’t see it at first. Other than that, it was so very easy compared to my other recent builds.
This morning, I covered the foam areas of the plane with Varathane Diamond Polyurethane which gave the plane a nice glossy finish. I think I’ll see how one coat works out before I add more coats.